Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A lunchbox

.



This morning, I woke up half an hour later than usual. I would be late for the first class anyway, I thought, so I continued sleeping for a few moments more before finally deciding to head to the bathroom for a good teeth-brushing and a shower.


Wednesday isn't always the type of day I'm looking forward for due to it's long class schedule, and today's no different. Knowing that I've missed the first Mathematics class and the exam tips is bad enough. To make things worse, we're gonna have our Design Studies test today. Well it's not that bad actually, but the word 'test' still makes me shudder a bit.


My mum told me already she'll be off at 3k with my elder sister for a swim by the time I'm awake. So I was thinking like, where am I gonna get my breakfast and lunch later? Nevermind, perhaps a couple of biscuits and a packet of milk will do..


After I wiped myself clean and gelled my hair, I put on my necklace and wallet and handphone, carried my sling bag and went downstairs. As I went t0 the kitchen to fill up my water bottle, a familiar lunchbox greeted me with a small note attached to it.


Jason,

For u to bring to college for lunch.
Mimi


This is not the first time she has prepared lunch for me, but seeing this somehow made me ponder.. How long can I still have my mum prepare lunch for me like that? The semi-transparent lunchbox and a small piece of note, I could feel the love my mum poured in when she prepared it for me. And it is these things that many people, myself included, often take for granted. Such a simple thing, yet so beautiful.


The egg sandwich inside is lovely. =)






.

0 ppl have things to say! [-]: