Saturday, June 27, 2009

Death of a legend

.



As most of you would have already known, Michael Jackson, aka the King of Pop, had died due to cardiac arrest yesterday (Friday) around 5.20am Malaysian time. I just came to know about it earlier in the morning when I heard about it over in the radio.

I was kinda caught by surprise at first, but come to think of it, I do notice that I've been hearing more and more legends/icons/famous people's death. Not that it's a celebrity death pandemic going on, but it's just a lil something I noticed.


As far as I could remember, the first person whose death I actually pay attention to is wrestler Eddie Guerrero, who died of drug overdose/cardiac arrest. Subsequently, one of his best friends, Chris Benoit, who's also a wrestling veteran, also died.


I also remembered writing up a blog post about former prime minister's wife's death sometime back (in my old blog if I'm not wrong).


Without following the order of dates, there's also the death of one of Animal Planet's cheery animal lover, Steve Irwin, who died after being pierced through the chest from a stingray's tail barb.


And now we have Michael Jackson.


It reminds of just how fragile we are. No matter how well-built or famous a person is, they cannot run away from death. While some fantasy/science-fiction movies may suggest immortality or extending one's lifespan, I doubt they'll be real. Not now, at least.


Ignoring the child molestation charges, suing by various parties, selling of the Neverland ranch, constant hiding, skin bleaching and numerous plastic surgeries, he has undeniably left a mark inside the hearts of millions, perhaps billions, of people all around the world with his songs. Forgive me if I'd entered any inaccurate information for I am not his fan. Nevertheless, he will still remain as the King of Pop in the hearts of many no matter what happens.


My hats off to you.



.

0 ppl have things to say! [-]: