Friday, March 12, 2010

Petsiblings?

.



How many of you went through the experience of having petsiblings (or korkor jiejie muimui didi abang kakak angkat) before? And how many of you retained (or will retain) that relationship until the times after you leave school life into college life, or when you started working?


Being one myself, I do have my own share of experiences. But from time to time, I do ask myself, "Why do I wanna have petsisters?".




Some may say, 'having' petsiblings are the then-trend. Say says petsiblings are just replacements for single people who don't have girlfriends or boyfriends yet. Some do it just for fun.

Personally, I (tend to) want younger petsisters because I don't have a muimui at home. I don't deny that the truth of the factors mentioned above, but perhaps this was really why I started having them in the first place. I do have older petsisters, and since they are away most of the time, I miss them lots.



My petsisters are mostly my juniors in the school, mostly made up of random close chit-chats overnight. Starting this relationship is one thing, and maintaining them is the, well, hard (?) part. Much like those bf/gf relationships most of you have already heard of, to me, having petsisters are like having additional members in the family. Of course, young, naive kids like us always misinterpret and have misunderstanding on this relationship with each other. I tried to keep us close together, but I often messed up the way (come on, I may not be that mature after all).



You know.. whether I call you petsis, muimui, baka, whatever it is, I love you all to bits. Whatever terms we refer to each other, you all are like my own sisters. This isn't the kind of bonds you should easily call it quits just like how bf/gf could.


However, just recently, the muimui that I had been very close with for the past few years, told me that "I can't bring myself to call you korkor anymore". I knew she would say this someday, looking at how she'd changed after she left high school into collegehood. She seemed so happy with her life now in which I guess, as a friend, I should be supporting her. Right? I'm still a lil sad that she will think this way, though.




Of course, not everyone thinks like I do. I've had numerous such 'petsisters', but only few of them still calls me their 'korkor'. I don't know why but everytime I hear them call me 'korkor', my day is instantly lit up. A smile decorates my faces immediately.



I don't know how long will this relationship last, but I hope the memories will be kept. No one says we cannot have bf/gf with petsiblings though.




Dear baka, I love you all! You know who you are. =)



.

0 ppl have things to say! [-]: